01. I'm addicted to the swing era from the 1930s till the 1950s. This includes the style, fashion, music and of course swing dances like Lindy Hop, Balboa and Charleston.
02. Since my 12th birthday I'm convinced vegetarian.
03. My father died due to cancer when I was 21 years old.
04. I love all kind of berry sorts and I would love to eat them every day.
05. I have a very good memory for colours.
06. I love nature and try to go out as much as possible.
07. I prefer holidays at the sea, instead of mountains.
08. I love France, England and Italy.
09. I love to visit flea markets and also old furniture and china with a story behind.
10. I cannot decide: Great (Green) tea AND (good barista) coffee are both my passion.
11. I love Northern Germany and I would love to live in Hamburg, but somehow it does not happen.
12. When I was almost 2 years old, my parents traveled with me to Brasilia to visit my godparents.
13. I have an 5 year older sister, we don't look similar at all.
14. Alcohol is not my best friend. When I drink I prefer white wine (Riesling), prosecco or liqueur like advocaat or Bailey's.
15. I'm a passionate designer and photographer and I could not live without design or creativity.
16. In normal supermarkets I always feel like an alien. When you get used to buy your food in bio-supermarkets, you get ambitious.
17. I was born in a small city called Celle, in Northern Germany. There, they speak the best High German in the world.
18. My husband is also my best friend and my love for him grows every day a little bit stronger.
19. A few days ago my first book was publicized. It is dedicated to my only grandmother. She is 99 years old and will turn 100 years in September 2015.
20. If I lived in an American TV series, I would eat every morning fresh waffles for breakfast.
21. As a child I always wanted to have everything in pink. But I only got red things from my older sister. My parents tried to chat me up that red is almost pink. See point 05. ;-)
22. Often I prefer simple things in life like a good piece of fresh bread with butter.
23. I wish myself an own garden, where I could plant vegetables and lots of flowers.
24. When I was a child I wanted to tap dance like Fred Astaire. So I tried it by myself. That's why I'm very good in "phantasy tap dancing" … ;-)
25. I never go out with my cat-eye make-up. My eye colour is green-grey with a little bit blue.
26. My diploma was a design book about the Mod youth culture in England.
27. I love old black and white movies and I'm sad that they almost disappeared on TV.
28. The first thing that I cooked as a child on my cooking stove for children was a kind of shortcrust-pancake with mashed bananas. Today I know that in Wales they call them Welsh cakes.
29. I love pastel colors, black, white, grey, rose and pink.
30. My first music cassette was Michael Jackson's "Thriller". When I saw the Thriller song video, I was a little bit scared.
31. I love to wear Vintage dresses. And also trousers in the Katherine Hepburn or Marlene Dietrich style.
32. I love cats and dogs.
33. I don't like sport. Swing dancing is the only sport I like!
34. At weekends I always need to have a few hours of quietness with tea and books on my settee.
35. To start with my food blog was one of the best decisions in my life.
36. I generally love details, because they make the essential difference.
37. I prefer to write paper greeting cards instead of e-mails.
38. I love to collect and read books. Therefore I have for example a great collection of cook books.
39. In everyday life I love to wear Breton shirts, swing trousers and Ballerinas.
40. There is no good translation for my blog name "Frau Herzblut". The English name would be something like "Mrs with heart and soul". That sounds really strange …
40 facts about Frau Herzblut